Tuesday 21 August 2012

9 skips and counting...

I had such a crazy day today, Hudson and I went tile shopping in the morning, then we met with the stump guy at lunch, soon after lunch we had to meet with a "blocky" builders term for block layer (I am learning so much :-p), in the afternoon we met with a Plumber, then our concreter who then met with 2 more blockies.  I also heard that we are up to 9 skips, these aren't small skips either 10 cubic metre skips FULL (some so full they have to come back with a bigger truck!).  I blame the previous owner and his love for concrete! It is estimated that we need another 4 skips alone for the backyard - a large portion of which has been concreted - so at $450 a skip we are looking at about $6K alone on rubbish removal :-/ Boy what a day!!! Tomorrow I am heading to work and leaving J alone with Huddy and the million and one questions/decisions that I am sure will be fired his way in my absence...

On a lighter note, here's some images that inspired me today:

LOVE THIS!!! Hoping to create a similar dining to deck feel... note the amazing pressed metal ceilings!

How pretty is this Armoire painted to prettiest shade of pink!

Dream kitchen slipping further and further away with each skip drop off/pick up...




Cute fence and hedges

So pretty and colourful....

No comments:

Post a Comment